Are you wondering if Toggl Track is the right pick for your team in 2024?
Whether you're flying solo, part of a small team, or running a big company, it's super important to know what you're getting into with Toggl Track's pricing and features.
Let's jump in and explore what Toggl Track has to offer.
Plus, we'll take a sneak peek at alternatives and see if they might be a better fit for your needs.
What is the Toggl Track time tracking software?
Toggl Track is a time tracking software offered by Toggl. It’s important to distinguish it from its sister tools, Toggl Plan and Toggl Hire, offered separately.
Here's a breakdown of each:
- Purpose: Toggl Track is primarily focused on time tracking. It's designed to help individuals and teams track the amount of time they spend on various tasks and projects.
- Features: it offers features like one-click timers, background tracking, and detailed reports. It's useful for understanding where time is spent, improving productivity, and maintaining accurate billing for client work.
- Use case: ideal for freelancers, consultants, and teams who need to keep a precise record of their work hours for billing, productivity analysis, or project management.
- Purpose: Toggl Plan is a project planning and team management tool. It's more about organizing work, setting timelines, and managing tasks and team members.
- Features: it includes features like Gantt-chart style timelines, task boards, and team calendars. It helps in visualizing the workflow, setting deadlines, and tracking the progress of projects.
- Use case: best suited for project managers, team leaders, and anyone who needs to oversee projects, allocate resources, as well as stay on track with deadlines.
- Purpose: Toggl Hire is designed to simplify the hiring process. It focuses on helping companies find and evaluate candidates more efficiently.
- Features: it offers skills tests, job ad creation, and applicant tracking functionalities. The platform allows employers to test candidates' skills relevant to the job, thus making the hiring process more data-driven and efficient.
- Use case: useful for HR professionals, recruiters, and hiring managers looking to optimize the recruitment process, reduce time-to-hire, and improve the quality of hires.
While all three products are part of the Toggl suite, they serve distinct purposes: Toggl Track for time tracking, Toggl Plan for project planning and team management, and Toggl Hire for efficient recruitment and candidate assessment. Each tool is tailored to optimize different aspects of work management and productivity.
Toggl Track pricing & plan features explained
Whether you're a freelancer, part of a small team, or managing a large group, Toggl Track has something for everyone.
Let's explore what each plan offers:
Toggl Track Free plan
Perfect for freelancers and rather smaller teams, the Free plan is a great starting point.
Here's what you get:
- Cost: absolutely free, and it supports up to 5 users.
- Time tracking: unlimited time entries with a web app, mobile apps, and desktop apps. Start and stop the timer anytime.
- Integration: syncs with over 100 tools, e.g. Google Calendar.
- Reports: exportable reports to simplify your billing process.
- Data storage: keeps your inactive data for 6 months.
Toggl Track Starter plan
When your needs grow, the Starter plan steps in. It's nice for not-so-big teams that need a few more additional features.
- Cost: $10 per user per month (or $9 with annual payments).
- Billable rates: set different rates for different projects or team members.
- Time estimates and alerts: keep your work management on track.
- Saved reports: access to your custom reports.
- Integration: adds an Outlook calendar integration.
- Data storage: unlimited inactive data storage.
Toggl Track Premium plan
For growing teams, the Premium plan offers advanced features.
- Cost: $20 per user per month (or $18 with annual payments).
- Timesheet approvals: adds an extra layer of audit and control.
- Team management: schedule report emails and manage team labor costs.
- Project management: get project forecasts and analysis.
- Integration: native Jira and Salesforce integrations, plus Single Sign-On (SSO).
Toggl Track Enterprise plan
Large teams and complex organizations - this one's for you.
- Cost: custom pricing for unlimited users.
- Priority support: Get expert help when you need it.
- Custom solutions: tailored to fit your large team's needs.
- Training: expert training and assistance.
- Discounts: volume discounts on the annual plan.
Each of these plans has something interesting to offer. Depending on your needs, you might find yourself opting for one of them.
But... should you?
Is it worth its price tag? (Do not) use Toggl Track if
Toggl Track is a popular choice.
But is it for everyone?
Use Toggl Track if:
- You're a freelancer or part of a small team: the Free plan is perfect for individual freelancers or not big teams. It offers essential time-measuring features without any cost.
- You need detailed time tracking: if your work requires meticulous time tracking, such as for billing clients or analyzing productivity, Toggl Track's timer and time entries are ideal.
- Project Management is a priority: for those who manage multiple projects and need to keep track of time estimates, deadlines, and billable rates, the Starter and Premium plans are beneficial.
- You value integration with other tools: if you use tools like Google Calendar, Jira, or Salesforce, Toggl Track's integration capabilities can improve your workflow.
These all are great but...
What about the not-so-bright side?
Don't use Toggl Track if:
- You're looking for comprehensive work management: Toggl Track is great for time monitoring but lacks advanced project management features.
- In-depth financial management is your priority: its basic export features and focus on time management fall short of detailed financial management.
- You're seeking an all-in-one business solution: Toggl Track specializes in time-tracking, which might be too narrow for those needing integrated business tools.
- On a tight budget: the cost of paid plans can be a concern for larger teams, and the free version has limited features.
- You need extensive customization: if your business requires highly customized reporting or specific integrations, Toggl Track might not be flexible enough, unless you go for the Enterprise plan.
So, what do you think?
The best alternative to Toggl Track
While Toggl Track offers a comprehensive suite of features across its plans, we believe there are some great alternatives.
One of them is the Unrubble tracker.
It shines in certain areas:
- Unrubble takes the lead in offering a more feature-rich experience at a lower cost. This can be particularly appealing for businesses that need a comprehensive set of tools but are also mindful of their budget.
- Our paid plans pack more functionalities. We provide better value for money compared to Toggl Track's tiered pricing structure.
- Unrubble offers greater flexibility in customization. This aspect is crucial for businesses with unique workflows or specific requirements that standard time-tracking and project management tools may not meet.
- The ability to tailor features, reports, and interfaces to fit specific business needs is our significant advantage.
- The user interface and overall user experience of Unrubble are more intuitive and user-friendly for some users. This aspect is essential for teams that prioritize ease of use to ensure quick adoption and minimal training.
- Our more streamlined and intuitive interface enhances productivity and reduces the time spent on learning the tool. Thanks to that, Unrubble is a strong contender for those who value a seamless user experience.
Discover all of our features today:
Consider it the best Toggl Track alternative out there - sign up today and see for yourself.
(Oh, and did we mention you can use Unrubble completely free of charge, forever?)
Toggl Track has some great stuff for tracking time and managing projects, but remember, it's not the perfect tool for everyone.
For those needing more than just time tracking, or who are budget-conscious, alternatives like Unrubble might be the way to go.
In the end, the best choice depends on your unique business needs and how these tools align with your goals for efficiency, productivity, and growth in 2024.