Our call sheet template is just the thing you need if you’re looking for an inexpensive and hassle-free way of recording and tracking the number of calls you make. Read on to find out how it works and how it can make your life easier.
Here’s a sample Call Sheet template that can be easily customized and adapted to meet your requirements. It’s free to download and use.
What’s a Call Sheet Template?
A call sheet template is a document you can use to log phone calls. That means each time you or your employer makes a phone call they have to enter the details into the call sheet template. Typically, a call sheet should have a clear format for capturing information related to an inbound or outbound call, such as the name of the person on the other end, the nature of the discussion, and any other notes.
The good news is, our template is easy to use and you can download it as a call sheet template google docs or call sheet template word format. It’s also ready to use, meaning you don’t have to start designing it from scratch.
All you have to do is fill in the details or customize the information to suit your purpose. In a nutshell, a call-sheet template is a timesaving document that lets you do so much more, including measuring call volume and keeping up to date with all personal or business communication that occurs daily.
What Does This Call Sheet Template Contain?
Although you can customize our free call sheet template, it’s still important to know the basic information to include so you can maintain its functionality. Generally, the following information is commonly included in a call sheet template download form.
- Your contact information. This identifies the call sheet template as your own. Information included here includes your company name, address, email, and phone number.
- Your logo. The logo is a nice touch that makes you call log documents appear more professional.
- Date and time. This is vital information that allows you to track trends in call volume over the course of a week.
- Length of the call. Call duration provides crucial insight into the mind of the person on the other end of the line. For instance, if you’re using the document as a sales call sheet template, a longer call duration implies that a client is interested in what you’re selling.
- What was discussed. This section allows you to quickly jot down the details of the conversation whilst they’re still fresh in the mind.
- Notes related to the call. This section typically allows you to record any actions that need to be taken or follow-up calls that need to be made.
What Are the Benefits of This Call Sheet Template?
Now that we have outlined how a call sheet template works and what it should contain, let’s take a look at why it’s such a beneficial document. Here are top benefits you need to know about:
Helps You Monitor Calls
Making phone calls without a budget can lead to a huge phone bill at the end of the month. With a call sheet template, it’s possible to keep track of all calls made from your phones. This also encourages employees to be conscious of the time they spend on the phone.
When they know they have to write the call duration down, it helps them to stick to core business while avoiding unnecessary chatter. In the long run you’ll be able to stick to a set budget if you have an idea of the average calls per month you need to make to keep things running smoothly.
Helps You Notice Anomalies
It’s not unheard of for phone systems to be hacked or used for other purposes than what you intend for. For instance, when you have a call sheet template readily available and you use it to record all outgoing calls, it’s easier for you to notice if there are any extra calls that shouldn’t be there. Such a quick alert can save you from further costs if you address the situation as soon as possible.
Helps You to Improve Customer Satisfaction
If you deal with a high volume of calls from important clients, then you need a reliable way of tracking those major accounts. This helps you determine how much interaction is required to keep your clients happy and you can add notes about any follow up calls that are needed to maintain a good relationship with clients.
Great for Tracking Call Sales
You can customize our template to come up with a superb sales call sheet template. This is handy if your business makes a lot of call sales. You’ll be able to gather a lot of details, such as which employee performs the best, how much interest your customer is showing, and what are the best times for making sales calls.
Allows You to Streamline Your Phone Systems
Our template allows you to easily capture phone logs and evaluate the information later on. The information can help you understand how effective your phone systems are. For instance, if the call results in a sale or the conversation eventually leads to a sale after a follow-up, you can then come up with a winning formula for maintaining these results.
On the other hand, you may need to upgrade your phone systems, by adding more phones, if you notice that calls take longer than predicted which can hold up phone lines. In any case, we’ve made sure you get a free call sheet template download you can fill with information that’s valuable to you.
Helps You Track Employee Performance
It’s important to be able to track employee performance particularly for businesses that operate via phone conversations. If the employees are performing well, you can then adjust your goals to boost your bottom line as well as offer incentives that encourage them to stay on track.
If there are employees with weaknesses, you can take steps to rectify the situation. For instance, you can provide more training and offer guidance whenever needed. You can use the information in their call sheet to check for any changes and make adjustments where necessary. Overall, this helps your whole organization to improve continuously.
These are just some of the benefits associated with using an efficient call sheet template that helps you get the details right and where most of the work has already been done for you. To summarize, a great call sheet helps to improve your business, company or organization. It can help you boost customer satisfaction and employee performance, if you know how to fill in the required information correctly then analyze it when it’s been compiled, there’s so much you can do with a call sheet template. It’s just a simple document but it comes with a plenty of uses and advantages.
Tips for Customizing Your Free Call Sheet Template
As you can see, our call sheet template offers so many advantages, but it gets even better because you can customize it to suit your personal or business requirements. So whether you need to track call information from a customer or any other contact, here are some tips to help you make the most of this handy document.
- Add or remove columns. You can download a call sheet template word document that can be easily edited by adding or removing columns where needed.
- Maintain its functionality. As a reminder, while you’re making any customizations, be sure to keep the basic table layout. The table ensures that the details don’t get mixed up easily and everything looks neat and organized.
- Keep the header. We have included a header that easily identifies the document as a call sheet template. That way anyone handling the document will immediately recognize its use.
- Add extra notes below the table. If there are any specific instructions you want to highlight, you can add it to the table, so everyone uses the call sheet template correctly.
- Check that the document still contains all the important elements. Once you’re done customizing, check that your call sheet still includes all the essential details, such as contact details and company name.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, a well-developed call sheet template is a great document to have around. It comes with many benefits and in a nutshell you can use it to hit the phones efficiently. All in all, that means better business, more time savings, and the potential for more profits.